Sunday, April 29, 2012
Sometimes it's so hard to step out of that comfort zone, but it's so true. Every time I've been doing something spontaneous or out of the ordinary, something great came on my way. So, hopefully, I'll be stepping out of that comfort zone a whole lot more.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Last year I went on a trip around the world. One of my favourite stops was El Calefate in Argentina. I'll give you four reasons to visit. I promise, you will not be disappointed!
Four reasons to visit:
- Without a doubt, the number 1 reason to visit El Calefate is Perito Moreno. The most amazing glacier in the world. To be fair, it was more or less the first glacier I ever saw up close, but it was stunning. If you're lucky you will see large pieces of ice break off the main glacier. It's a sight you will not forget.
- You will have the most fantastic guides when you hike the glacier. I know, Argentinian men can be annoying. But, come on, let's be honest. Now and then it is nice when a guy holds your hand if you have to make a big step on an icy surface. And when those guys are friendly and outdoorsy, well I think that's a huge plus.
- At the end of the hike a glass of cool whiskey will await you. Of course, the typical Argentinian alfajores will also be present.
- You will be able to stay in the cutest little hostel that I've seen on my trip. I Keu Ken is small and cosy and is built on a hill which provides you stunning views over the lake and mountains. Not only is there a dog (in my experience hostels with dogs are the best, and I am scared of dogs!), they also keep a sheep in the garden. The staff is amazing. They will provide you with the best travel information, will provide a surprise pick up service from the bus terminal and are just really nice and cool people. Oh and did I mention, once a week they will organize a typical Argentinian BBQ?!
Downsides, you ask? Well, the village is awefully touristy.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Today it's really grey outside. It's been raining a lot and a cold wind makes that I'd like to snuggle up with tea and cookies. So in order to feel at least a little bit like spring is on it's way, these subdued images.
These images are all from people I admire. It's absolutely worth it to visit their websites.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Currently I have a lot of time on my hands. I need to find a way to use that time productively. Step one was making a list. Don't you just love lists?
In September I'll turn 27 so it seemed the perfect time to start a 30 before 30 list. A little bit less than 2,5 years to do some things I've always wanted to do. I'll keep you updated on the progress! This is my list:
- Learn to craft a balloon animal
- Sell something I've made
- Make the perfect cheese fondue
- Visit a festival and stay overnight
- Donate 30 cm of hair
- Try snowboarding
- Learn Spanish fluently
- Take a drawing class
- Volunteer abroad
- Cook the perfect fudge
- Pay of half my student loan
- Wear my hair different for 21 consecutive days
- Make a hot air balloon ride
- Be mentioned on another blog/magazine
- Start & finish a 365 days photo, drawing, writing project
- Prepare a proper high tea
- Organize an exhibition, or open a pop-up shop
- Run 5 km in 30 minutes
- Visit all continents excluding antarctica, which basically means visit Africa
- Go karting
- Be a vegetarian for a month
- Breath the air from a helium balloon and talk afterwards
- Eat pancakes for breakfast every Sunday for a month
- Pick a cookbook and cook all dishes
- Continue sending Ramonja a postcard every month
- Cycle the 11-stedentocht
- Walk a 4-daagse
- Go on a spontaneous road trip
- Knit a sweater or a blanket
- Visit Mongolia, Japan, Easter Island, Vietnam, Iceland, Norway... or at least one of these
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Some pictures from my trip around the world. Now and then... read, most of the time, I long for travelling again. Without a doubt, the past half a year has been pretty amazing. I still can't believe how much I've really done in that short period. I'm wishing I'll get and take the opportunity to do this another time.